Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Alys trained at Millennium Performing Arts graduating in professional musical theatre with the merit and journal awards Alys has performed in many shows since she started performing at the age of 3. Venues for these have included Disneyland Paris and The Royal Albert Hall. As well as theatre Alys has appeared in a number of TV programmes, such as Emmerdale and also done voice over work for various Radio commercials. Alys also teaches dance, drama and singing to children at various schools in Leeds and Dubai. Below is a link to my spotlight page, containing my cv http://www.spotlight.com/3874-6759-2207

Wednesday 7 October 2009

Scuba Diving - General Interests


General Interests

Scuba Diving

I am a dancer, singer and actress so therefore when I want to escape from work completely I can’t do what most people do and watch general entertainment. If I am watching a show I can’t help but analyse and critique, and if I go dancing I naturally hold my stomach in and employ technique! Therefore another interest in my life is vital for my sanity.

Scuba Diving is what I chose to do! What better escape from the bright lights of the stage than to be under the sea in a wetsuit and a mask? I did my first scuba dive 10 years ago, when I was age 12. My dad wanted to go and I think I just tagged along! From the moment I put my head underwater and started breathing I was hooked.

Since taking the plunge I have completed my open water, advanced open water, 3 specialities, emergency first response and rescue diver qualifications. I have dived in Mexico, Fujairah, Cozumel, Maldives and the Perhentian Islands and I hope to add more to my diving resume. For me holidays include getting up at 7am to get a morning boat out to the middle of the ocean and never getting a tan because I am constantly in a wetsuit!

I don’t know what it is that I love so much because if I am honest fish do not interest me that much. It might possibly be that I do not have to worry about what I look like, nobody can critique me, the silence and the fact that for the sixty minutes I am underwater I have to think of nothing but my breathing. The excitement of the unknown and the possibilities of what could happen are an addiction to me. As I roll back off the boat I am hit with an instant adrenaline rush, then as I descend to the depths of the unknown calm takes over and I feel free.
If you are interested in scuba diving click on the title of this blog entry and you will be directed to PADI homepage where you can learn more about diving!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I think this is great that you have a hobby so different from your career, because most of us have turned our hobbies into a job and therefore aren't left with anything else. I think I want one. Also your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lucy! im not sure about the purple colour, im still working on what looks good but havn't got any ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! thank you so much for sharing with your readers.
    Scuba Gear Packages

    ReplyDelete