Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Alys trained at Millennium Performing Arts graduating in professional musical theatre with the merit and journal awards Alys has performed in many shows since she started performing at the age of 3. Venues for these have included Disneyland Paris and The Royal Albert Hall. As well as theatre Alys has appeared in a number of TV programmes, such as Emmerdale and also done voice over work for various Radio commercials. Alys also teaches dance, drama and singing to children at various schools in Leeds and Dubai. Below is a link to my spotlight page, containing my cv http://www.spotlight.com/3874-6759-2207

Tuesday 6 October 2009

Lisa Donmall - people I admire




People I admire

1. Lisa Donmall

Lisa Donmall is a professional musical theatre performer. She has an exceptional number of credits to her name and is still adding to them. I admire Lisa because her CV reads like I wish mine to in years to come.

Lisa trained at London Studio Centre under the same directors as I have myself, then at Martha Graham and Alvin Ailey New York. These establishments are extremely prestigious and the acceptance to train here is to be admired. Lisa has performed as Velma Kelly in the musical Chicago. This is my dream role and I consequently admire anyone who has ever had this role. Lisa has starred as Bombalurina in Cats. Anyone is the musical theatre world knows to be part of Cats shows you are of the highest calibre of performer. More recently Lisa performed her own one woman show. To have your own show in the musical industry is definitely and achievement not to be overlooked.

I know Lisa personally as she was a teacher of mine whilst I was in full time training for musical theatre. Lisa is the most driven and motivated person I have ever come across. Her average day consists of going to the gym, teaching, rehearsals and then performing in a west end show. The dedication needed to do this is admirable and I take great inspiration from seeing someone push themselves so hard.

Lisa is extremely talented and I have spent years training to try and gain the standard she performs at. However I know that she has worked hard to get the skill level and career she has, even when teaching jazz she pushes her body and uses it to improve. Knowing she has worked hard and not just had a great career due to luck makes me admire her more.
Having trained and therefore understanding exactly what is needed for the performing world and how incredibly hard it is no matter how talented you are; I cannot help but admire Lisa Donmall. Her drive and commitment for what she does is inspirational and the amount of musical roles she has won has to be admired.

Link to Lisa Donmall's biography and recent show
http://theoperashow.com/promoters/cast-bios-lisa-donmall.php
http://www.themta.co.uk/faculty_dance.php

Link to Lisa Donmall information of her Chicago contract
http://london.broadway.com/blog/id/3004780/LisaDonmallTakesOverasVelmaKellyinLondon%E2%80%99sChicago

No comments:

Post a Comment