Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Alys trained at Millennium Performing Arts graduating in professional musical theatre with the merit and journal awards Alys has performed in many shows since she started performing at the age of 3. Venues for these have included Disneyland Paris and The Royal Albert Hall. As well as theatre Alys has appeared in a number of TV programmes, such as Emmerdale and also done voice over work for various Radio commercials. Alys also teaches dance, drama and singing to children at various schools in Leeds and Dubai. Below is a link to my spotlight page, containing my cv http://www.spotlight.com/3874-6759-2207

Monday 13 December 2010

Skype

If Skype did not exist my phone bill would be huge! I have used Skype to talk to my tutor (Paula Nottingham) at every stage through my work based learning, due to the fact that I have been in numerous different countries throughout the process. Not only is the free Skype to Skype calling beneficial but the fact you can use video really makes a difference in the understanding of what one is saying and it gives the call a more personal feel.

The ability to share screens on Skype is great to it means during a chat you can show people clearly what is going on, for example I have used it when designing advertising for my company and been able to edit the posters whilst gaining the feedback. This helps to save time and memory space!

Skype is the middleman between my family, friends, colleagues, university and me. If I could not use it I certainly would not have the relationships I do with these people. It saves money, time, memory and allows you to interact with someone in more ways than voice even if they are the other side of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment